Cat is driving me bonkers!

How do i keep my cat off of my counters? He's never done anything like this b/f but these last couple of weeks he's on top of everything! Counters,microwave,washer,stove,windows,dressers....anything he can get to! I wouldn't care but he sheds like crazy and gets them totally nasty!

Jessimica

Asked by Jessimica at 4:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pets

• In my experience nothing works. I caught on camera when we weren't home my hubbys cat hopping onto everything. My hubby said she was an angel. Yeah right. Just drop the cat sternly on the floor when caught. But understand it is in their nature. Just because a cat is domesticated doesn't mean their urges go away. Use a black and decker dustbuster. I plug mine in the kitchen and also wipe the counters down when I get a chance. Cats are like women they do as they please when noone is looking :-)
    sockmonkey

Answer by sockmonkey at 2:41 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• spray bottle filled with water, teach him to not jump up on the counter. i don't recommend using it as and everyday thing. cats are smart. he'll figure it real soon. how about getting him his own cat stand. where he can play on it.

ladyvalarie

Answer by ladyvalarie at 8:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Put some coins in a can and shake it when you see them on the counter. They jump off and get the message very quickly .
    Bianca008

Answer by Bianca008 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• wipe the areas you don't want him on with ammonia... cats hate the smell and avoid it
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:39 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yeah I agree with the water bottle and wipe counter with amonia, that should work, usualy it takes something realy bad to happen like burnning the paws, sometimes they will learn before this happens. good luck!
    christina200107

Answer by christina200107 at 2:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2008