Halloween help!!!!

Ok, I have a newborn and a 2 year old, what should I do for halloween, I dont really want to go out with my baby but my 2 year old want to go so bad (his friends in daycare have been talking about it) I dont know what to do. Im not a single mom but it seems like I am because my husband is in Austria with the rest of my family untill nov. 15th so I cant just let him go with family.
Any suggestions???

mommy2ababygurl

Asked by mommy2ababygurl at 4:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could consider having a Halloween party for your toddler's friends. They could all come over in their costumes & have candy & play games. Your 2 year old would probably have even more fun doing that than he would if he went out!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:54 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• some churches or schools do something called a "trunk of treat" where people bring there candy to a parking lot and you trick or treat out of there trunks... only takes about a half hour to get the candy that would normally take all night. plus kids have just as much fun and i think it's alot more safe.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i'm in the same boat.. I'm a single mom, and my older kids want to go out to trick-or-treat.
    I found a cute costume idea for me and baby.. Going to wear a white shirt.. decorate it like a spider web.. and put baby in a snuglie (baby pack) , dress her in black.. and add 6 extra arms to it.. So she is the spider!
    This way.. She stays warm and wrapped up with me and the other kids get to do their thing too.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Why not pop the baby in a stroller and let your 2 year old trick or treat to just a few houses on your block? My son's first Halloween costume was a candy corn (orange, yellow and white felt sewn together and stuffed with a little circle cut out for the face) it kept him warm and everyone commented on how cute he looked. Little ones don't really have a concept of time so even if you took him out for 30 minutes it would be such a big deal for him! Also-maybe make a special Halloween dinner for the two of you? It's the little things that make them happy-Good Luck!
    Rosiegirl55

Answer by Rosiegirl55 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You could always dress the baby up in something cute andwarm and put them in teh stroller so you can take your 2 year old for a little bit. Or I know around where I live the local shopping mall has something for little kids for halloween where the stores will give out candy, you can look into something like that
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008