How long after a miscarriage do you wait to get prenant again?

My friend just had a miscarriage and was wondering how long after you have to wait to get pregnant again. She wants to try again right away but doesn't want it to happen again. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!!!

dhalinka

Asked by dhalinka at 9:24 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It all deoends on when you feel ready again. If you are emotionally ready to try again, then do so. It will happen when your body is ready.
    AuroraMoon

Answer by AuroraMoon at 9:31 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It really depends on you and if you are ready both emotionally and physically. Many times a doctor can advise as to when they feel you are ready physically.
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• They told her to wait three months but she doesn't want to wait that long, I guess.
    dhalinka

Comment by dhalinka (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Emotionally ready is more important than physically. I've miscarried twice. after the post pardum bleeding stopped my doc said i can try after my first period after the miscarriage....both times i got pregnant very quickly and the pregnancies were perfect
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When I misscarried my doctor told me to wait 6months before trying again. She said it takes a while for your body to recover. I do agree you also have to be ready emotionally.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was told to wait one cycle. One of my friends got pregnant right away and had a healthy baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think it's totally up to her and what she feels her body is ready for... I miscarried and I did not wait for my period to come back... I got pregnant 28 days from the I miscarried.. Best of luck to your friend. :) My 2nd pregnancy went very well, and I have a very healthy 6 month old.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My doctor told me 2 to 3 normal cycles after my miscarriage
    XandersMomma07

Answer by XandersMomma07 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my Dr. told me to wait 1 cycle
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would say it depends on how far along you were when you miscarried.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 2:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010