Does your DH or SO get jealous if you have male friends?

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldnt say Jealous. It is just not something I would do. And he doesnt have any Female friends. I mean we have "couple" friends we hang out with but neither one of us hangs out with the opposite sex alone. Just not something we feel is ok in our marriage.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't have any male friends because I KNOW he would be jealous unless he was absolutely sure the guy was gay. Sounds like too much work and I have plenty of other things going on in my life without adding more work for myself :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, one of my best friend since elementary school is a guy. He is not gay, he is also very attractive. Neither of us has ever had "special" feelings for one another. We love each other, but he's like my family. We've never had sex, or kissed. the thought grosses both of us out. We're completely %100 platonic. He is an amazing friend, always has been & always will be, He even comes & stays with us once a year.

BUT, when i first met DH i told him about my best friend Raffi. I told him that we cannot be a couple unless he is OK with the fact that my best friend is a guy. He was weird at first. He actually had the nerve to say "you really think he's never wanted to have sex with you?" Well, Raffi has had plenty of oppurtunity & has never ever even remotely tried. There are no sparks between us. DH was fine once he met him. They are great friends now & he understands our friendship & is very cool about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• funny you say that...yes very...he tells me who i can and cant be friends with...and i know who to put myself around and who not to..but my situation is starting to get a lil bit out of control! If he trusts me then he should have nothing to worry about....thats my whole issue. If you figure this one out please send some advice my way:(
    HOTMOMS23

Answer by HOTMOMS23 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• To a point yes. His thing is if you have male friends I should meet them as well so I know there is nothing to hide. I feel the same way tho. When we first got together he had a really hard time with the fact most of my friends were dudes one in particular. Now he is better friends with them than I am. so no jealousy unless I don't tell him about it then its a battle royale hahaa
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No he doesn't. Not at all.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not jealous, no.
    He doesn't like that I'm friends with my ex, but he doesn't get jealous of him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:42 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't think he would, but I choose not to out of respect for him. Not saying that ladies that have male friends are being disrespectful, it's just my own feelings with my own relationship.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When I started working at the school that I am at, I worked with a couple of male teachers. That year for Christmas I received a diamond. Not an engagement ring although I wear it on that finger but a diamond to show how much he loved me. So that I was wearing something that showed that I was taken! LOL (We went into this relationship both knowing that neither of us may want to ever remarry. We might down the road.)
    marchar2002

Comment by marchar2002 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, because I have respect for my hubby, and I do not see my male friends unless he also is there! Also most of my male friends I know thru my hubby, and we always do things together
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010