how do I get my daughter to let me do her hair? She squirms and runs and falls on the floor she hates it she is only 2

It is a losing battle for me I see little girls with complicated designs in their hair and I can't even get a pony tail to look right cause she will not stay still

MyaNo

Asked by MyaNo at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let my DD sit on the bathroom sink and look at herself in the mirror while I fix her hair. I also give her the toothbrush, and tell her to brush her teeth while I fix her up. It's a good distraction.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I sit cross legged and hold her with my legs while doing pig tails. My problem is her keeping them in!
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I used to have the same problem with my daughter. I just stopped doing it for a while. Then one day, not too long ago, she saw me putting my hair up. She wanted it too and now she loves it! First time I tried she was 2. Now she's 3.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My two year old wouldn't let me touch her hair at all. Once she got enough hair for pig tails, I decided to put them in whether she liked it or not. She whined for a bit, but she got over it. I let her see herself in the mirror and told her how pretty she looked and that was all she needed! Now she wants her hair done everyday. She loves all her bows and stuff. I think I've created a monster!
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 3:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Try letting her do your hair after you do hers. Say "If you let Mommy do your hair, then you can do Mommy's hair!"
    JoeMama

Answer by JoeMama at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I stopped making a big deal about it and gave her a lil time off and eventually when she started noticing other lil girls with their hair fixed she then decided she wanted it done. She is 4 and we still have the occisional battle. Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• i give my daughter a sucker and she watches a movie while I am doing her hair. I am done before she is finished eating her sucker!
    mommy-in-pink

Answer by mommy-in-pink at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• I had the same battle with my granddaughter but her hair was long and had to be out of her face. I just told her we ARE doing your hair. In a week or so she quit fighting it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• For crying out loud shes 2. brush it neat and let her go shes a kid not a Barbie
    slick

Answer by slick at 7:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• my daughter is 2.5 and she has had her hair done since day one... she knows it has to be done... it is long and pretty and i usually let her choose how it will be done for the day... she also loves to help pick out the hair tie and the clips. i give her a sippy cup and usually a pack of gummies to eat while I do her hair... i usually do pigtails, ponytails, and mostly french braids... you are the mom, she is the kid... make it happen
    angeldud

Answer by angeldud at 10:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2008