If you used to smoke....

what made you quit?

lizard111

Asked by lizard111 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• With my last pregnancy it made me throw up. I always tried to quit, especially when pregnant.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was a long time smoker and I quit each time I was pregnant. I always went back to smoking though. Finally, before getting pregnant for the 3rd time I had quit for ME! I had decided I didn't want to anymore and I haven't started back up!
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• an unexpected pregnancy
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 9:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i tried quiting many times but the last time is when i got my wisdom teeth pulled and was told i couldnt smoke for 3 days (so i didnt) and i figured if i can go 3 days i can go longer..so its been a little over a year now. I just went cold turkey. My dh followed my foot steps
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My hubby, we both smoked and he got sick with some chest cold and couldn't stand to smoke. He told me we needed to quit before we got married lol. I knew je wasn't serious, but I did it anyway. I sneaked cigarettes here and there (maybe like 2 a month) and then I got pregnant and I stopped completely.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The guilt of knowing i was pregnant & it could affect my baby. That said it still took me until I was 6 months along to give them up completely. I still crave them now & again.
    ocielee

Answer by ocielee at 9:48 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I quit for good 6 weeks ago. I was just tired of not being able to breathe, always stinking, and spending ridiculous amounts of money on them.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• how i did it (mentally) was telling myself i was stronger than those cigs..i would say "if i go and smoke..then i'm a really weak person and i have no will power"..i didnt like thinking that.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i tried many times to quit... and even smoked at my mom's funeral who passed away from lung cancer...
    that last cigarette i smoked was over 5 yrs ago... and i really do not know what was different that time from all the other times i tried and failed...
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 10:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2010