what should i do.....

me and my hus has been married for 2 1/2 years and sence we have been married i have been through alot with him, from doing coke and smoking weed and him working on and off and him living off his mom and who knows what ealse .we fuss all the time and sometimes i want to stay but mostly i want to leave i am not inlove with him anymore but it is hard to leave because we have a lil girl together and i never had my father in my life and i had to grow up with a stepfather who was a drunk....it was hard...I dont want her to feel like i did when i was growing up what do i do please help.....

Ashley_Swigert

Asked by Ashley_Swigert at 5:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I have always said this"never stay for the sake of children" It messes them up more than you know.I raised my 2 alone until they were teens and they are awesome. You can be a good Mom and a single one. It seems to me that your problem was your growing up years.Find someone better. It was hard on you cause your Mom married a loser also the 2nd time around. Just because there is a man in your life doesn't mean he is going to be a good Dad. Would you rather raise your child alone in a good loving home or raise them in a drug filled home. You can do it, you just have to want to and then do it.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• you two might actually do better in life seperated. just think about it. dont stay together for the kids....it doesnt work
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If he is doing drugs you need to get your DD out of there. I grew up with a mom that was addicted to meth its no fun. Please do the right thing for your little girl. she will thank you later.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• since you are married and if he is clean then maybe try counseling. sometimes it's hard to keep the spark alive and you work at doing so. so if your not working at it how do you expect it to stay. i would say if your hubby hasn't stopped his old ways that maybe it's not worth trying but if he has for you daughter i would try. you have been there!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Really. None of us can tell you whether to stay or go. That’s your choice and only you can make it. If you’ve been involved in a relationship with an addict, there’s just no way around the effects that addiction has had on the relationship. Your note indicates it’s been an issue, but doesn’t tell us if it continues to use. Is he in recovery? You can find a local support group by looking up your local Alanon or Narconon meetings (co-dependents of either alcoholics or narcotic users). But, ultimately, you need to make your own choice. Good Luck!
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 5:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008