How do I get him out of my head?

3 days ago I came across my highschool sweatheart's Facebook profile. It wasn't big love but we really enjoyed being with each other and have only good memories. Our ways parted when I left for college, the relationship slowly went cold and then I met my now husband and fell in love with him. Now we are both married and I am in US and he is in Europe (in a different country then where we grew up) but I have been thinking about him for the past 3 days, just re-living the memories in my mind. I don't want anything from him, I love my husband, I just feel bad for not being able to stop thinking about our past.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's perfectly natural and normal to think about the past and things that happened. As long as you don't dwell on it, then it's fine.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• its in the past and thats wht he is the past...i rly dnt see no harm in being friends with him either even if you tried that b/c both of you guys have your own lives now...just an opinion
    dolphinlover34

Answer by dolphinlover34 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• sweetie you shouldnt feel bad about thinking about your past. Its perfectly normal.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thats normal.. just don't do anything about it.. if u open up a can of worms sometimes its hard to put them back..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think that it is normal to go back and remember times that you had together. Thats what memories are for. To get him out of your mine and back on your dh maybe set up a special date with your husband that reminds you of when you first met and fell in love... Good luck!!!
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just move on. It is what it was. Remember the word was. You are in a different path of life now. Accept that and just ignore the fb stuff. I do and it works out better for me.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• a little nostalgia is normal from time to time. i'm sure you realize you both are different people, there are different circumstances, etc. sometimes i think about times with friends in the past and really miss them (both the friends and the good times that aren't as possible now in the same way). nothing wrong with that, just don't start obsessing. and don't try to engage in conversation - then you're entering the danger zone.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• thats normal to an extent.. if you are thinking about him 24/7 you need to stay away from his profile pages
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010