In a beuty salon, will it be cheaper to have them dye the whole hair other than doing hilights?

I have black hair and I want to get it dyed at least light brown or reddish brown so I can't do that at home since I know you have to get it bleach first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• My mom does hair, and I know for a fact that it is more money to dye the whole head, rather than just getting highlights.
    MyTwoAngels0709

Answer by MyTwoAngels0709 at 5:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Why is that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Its going to be expensive anyways when you are getting your hair dyed in a salon. If it needs to be bleached before the highlights its going to be about the same as dying all your hair one color. I use take home dye and I dye my hair one color, you have black hair? The cheap way to go would be to dye it a cranberry black or a cranberry dark brown- that would be pretty... with take home dye. I used to get my hair done with highlights, bleach lightening and full color it was about 200 $$
    OUCH!! I do it the cheap way now
    MeganMack

Answer by MeganMack at 7:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It's more expensive to color the whole head. The up keep is every 4-6 weeks for all over color and every 2 1/2 to 3 months for highlights.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 2:00 PM on Oct. 5, 2008