Vitamins making me sick?

I cannot find a multi-vitamin that oesnt make me sick. Even if I eat something light with it, I still end up throwing it right back up. Does anyone know of a vitamin that is easier on your stomach?

RheaF

Asked by RheaF at 10:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• I have the same problem with vitamins... I do not throw up but I get so sick to my stomach that I need to lay down. I stopped taking them and now just take childrens. It may not be the same but it does not upset my stomach at all and I am getting something.
    Mameech1

Answer by Mameech1 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Take them with a TUMS. They can be rough on the tummy.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Holy cow....that is a new one!!! I have been taking tons of vitamins for at least 30 years and they have never made me feel sick! I am so sorry! That must be a bummer. I usually take them WITH a meal because they will be absorbed and used by your body more efficiently with food. Maybe the food will help???
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I always take them at night, right before bed. That way if they make me feel ill, I'm already headed to bed. It's worked for me for 13 years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:25 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• By the way, I either take Target's vitamins(Origin ) or Nature Made.....B50's, Calcium,magnesium and Vit D pill and a separate vitamin C and Fish Oil capsules. There are some oddball, rare brands out there and I wouldn't trust them.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I love the vitality line - these are the only vitamins that I can tolerate - the minerals found in them are over 9 times more soluble than forms used in One-A-Day and Centrum - this means that your body is actually able to use the vitamins and not just pass them! I have found that taking my vitamins with lunch and dinner helps - it is the iron in the vitamins that makes you sick and food helps your body to better accept the vitamins. You can try the Vitality vitamins risk free for 90 days - if you don't like them you can get a full refund - if you are spending the money on vitamins and taking the time to take them - you should really try these and get your moneys worth!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 7:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010