Cleaning hardwood floors

We have laminate hardwood flooring in our living room, hallway, and master bedroom..when we moved in the people renting us the house told us what they used to clean it, but I forgot what it was..something that started wkith a b ad they said it wouldn't cause smudges on the floor..but what do you ladies use to clean laminate hardwood? Swiffer streaks it and the orange glo stuff doesn't do anything for it.

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 10:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I think we use pledge for hardwood floors. anything that says 'for hardwood floors' should be fine though. happy cleaning!
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I always used a combination of dish soap (Dawn works best), white vineger and a little bit of olive oil. VERY small quantities here! Like, a teaspoon each in a bucket of hot water. Murphy's Oil Soap is good too, but more expensive. I prefer the natural stuff because I have little kids crawling on the floor lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Murphy's Oil Soap ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I always used the swiffer with the wet cloths, not the wet jet. and once in a while when they got really dirty a little ammonia and water but you have to make sure you towel dry completely. We had whitewashed Pergo that really showed alot of dirt but never saw streaks. I know the manual said to use plain old ammonia.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use Murphy's Oil Soap and my Swiffer mop (without the Swiffer solution) to spread, clean and polish. For any dings or scratches that expose the wood under the laminate, Old English makes a liquid scratch cover for light to dark woods, that you just sprinkle on, and wipe clean...making the scratches nearly impossible to see!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010