Is there an over the counter pills that are similar to the prenatal pills that Dr. give you?

I'm not pregnant. I just like the effect of the prenatal pills when I was pregnant and afterwards. Great hair, nails, and skin. Thanks in advanced!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• Most prenatal vitamins offer the same benefits, otc or perscription. There are a variety of bands at a variety of stores. Just pick one that works for you. You can also ask your doctor for another perscription. There is nothing wrong with wanting to take them on a regular basis. Usually you will want to be on them for a few months before getting pregnant again anyways, so a lot of women just take them full time.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 6:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I recommend trying shaklee's prenatal vitamins. They are alot more healthier for you without all the added minerals you dont need. Also, as you know, the Shaklee vitamins are natural as opposed to the synthetic prenatal vitamins available in drug stores. The makers of those prenatal vitamins stress the amount of folic acid in them, which is 1 mg . Because they have 1 mg of folic acid they have to be on prescription because folic acid can mask pernicious anemia, but if you look at the prenatal vitamins they have very few of the other vitamins and most leave out biotin completely.
    http://www.shaklee.net/crystalp/product/20302
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 6:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Not all supplements are created equal nor are they beneficial. They must be absorbed by your body. Go to amazon.com and find a helpful tool for you to learn how to select a quality supplement, the Nutrisearch Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements by Lyle MacWilliam. It ranks over 1500 name brand supplements, including the fluff found on retail shelves.

Best of luck to you!
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• yes they are called just what they are, prenatal vitemins and you can find them in your local store by all the other pills and vitemins
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• also I took them as a kid, for great hair and nails....
    cloud144

• I always used Wal-Mart's brand of pre-natals.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I got mine at Wal*Mart too... They were great! I think they cost like $6 for 30 days?

Here's a free tip for you too... If you want to absorb the maximum amount of vitamins out of your prenatal (or any pill) crush it and put it in food or liquid... Even chew it if you can stomach it... You will get more out of them that way! Much better for you and baby!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Flinstone Vitamines, Belly bars, any child vitamine. Go to your local maternity store and ask them.
    Anonymous