could my dh have a yeast infection and i not have one? seems weird. adult content

i tried researching it..and it seemed like a man would have more problems inward that they would on the outside but for the past 2 wks my dh has had this little red rash on his ptong. He says it doesnt itch, or hurt, or anything..its just red on one side right below his head..and very dry. I saw some pictures (a lot of them looked way worse than my dhs but almost similar) and i was reading and it sounds like it could be it. If it is a yeast infection how can he have one and i not? My vagina isnt bothering me at all? would it take time for yeast to show up? or could i have one and not have any symptoms? any ideas on what else it could be? also he was just on antibiotics for his mouth..and will be again so woulnt this have helped if it is yeast infection? Should i just try getting him some topical ointment? sorry so many questions.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• Yes, he can- and he'll pass it back to you, and you to him, and so forth. Even if you do not have an active bloom, you can have it in your system lying dormant, which is why its so important that you both undergo treatment simultaneously, which you can do by taking a prescription, or taking a TON of Acidophilus every day for about 2 weeks (and then using it as a daily supplement)... You'll also want to bleach showers, and other moist places, and no reuse towels, etc. That is where it likes to breed. (BTW, eating yogurt won't help- I hate seeing that suggestion!)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• he should go see a doctor
    it could be anything
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• As soon as you mentioned the antibiotics I thought, yeah, yeast infection. At least in women, antibiotics suppress the good bacteria that help keep yeast infections away. I don't know about how that works in men, though, I've never heard of men needing to take probiotics when taking antibiotics to keep yeast infections away. Since you and he don't know what it is, he needs to be checked, especially in case he may have the potential to pass something along to you if he hasn't already.

Answer by Bmat at 10:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Honestly speaking, I can't see it, so I can't answer a lot of your questions. I can say that it's best if it's seen by the doctor. Until then, you could always have him try to take a bath with a little baking soda in the water and see if that clears it up at all.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 10:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Acidophilus? throw me a hint here..what exactly? we've spent all of our money the last month going to the dentist. I'm gonna try to deal with this myself and self diagnose before seeing a doctor...i think he is a little embarrassed about the rash too.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• thanks you guys..
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oh, i just googled it...i can buy it at walgreens..great!! thanks obbie
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2010