CAN A HEALTHY GROUP FOR MOMS CONSIDERING ADOPTION BE A BENEFIT

WE will ask "experts" as questions come up but I think we should have a safe place to exchange ideas...what do prior birth moms think? Does this scare our PAP'S. Will the experts help when and if a question or situation arises?

Birthmom1

Asked by Birthmom1 at 5:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Adoption

• Absolutely! A healthy moms group considering anything would provide a health benefit.
    livewell4me

Answer by livewell4me at 7:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• not sure what you are asking exactly? are you wanting to start a group on here? we already have quite a few bmom groups and groups for those considering their options. what does "healthy" mean in this instances? without health problems? without mental problems or what?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I'm confused too. What's a "prior" birth mom? and who are the "experts"? We need more explanation.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 10:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I'm confused...??
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• she's started her own groups now. seems the ones that already exsist are "old" and people are "mean".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It's my understanding by "healthy" the OP means a "safe", non - argumentative place for questions, answers, etc. I haven't looked at the groups much that are designed for mom's considering adoption for their child so I don't know what's already out there....but it would be nice to see people coming together on this subject rather than slinging daggers. People involved in adoption whether on the birth side or the adoptive side, need and deserve to be able to talk openly and most importantly be kind to each other.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• what is the point though of a group consisting solely of women considering adoption with no mothers allowed who already went through with adoptions? dont you think someone considering adoption could benefit from hearing from someone who has already done it?
    Anonymous

• Anon- I see your point about mothers talking to mothers who have already been through the adoption process but I also read lots of posts on here by women who are really bitter and mad at the world because of the decision they made. Although I feel for those women, it doesn't mean that all women who choose adoption for their child will live their entire life hating the world or the people who adopt their child. If the group was well policed and posts were deleted that seemed like an attack by either side I think it could benefit. If everyone would remain civil to each other and still be able to share their story it would be ok but I haven't seen many of those scenarios yet.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 1:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• so we need a censored group that does not allow all true adoption stories..just the "happy" ones. ok let's keep our heads in the sand. the real truth is you dont know what its like till you do it. you cant know. and manymany times its not a happy ending for the bmom. more like the minority of the time.
    Anonymous

• See according to her new groups guidelines, she does not want any mom's who already relinquished (one group) and another one she only wants positive stories. If she really is going through with adoption she is going to need support & counseling somewhere down the road if she thinks its all "happily ever after". I'll say a prayer for her.
    Anonymous