3 mo old questions

how much sleep ?
how much formula ?
and how often ?

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As much as they want, as much as they want and as much as they want.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:33 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• As much as s(he) wants
    As much as s (he) wants
    Whenever s(he) is hungry
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:34 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• At three months, they are the ruler of it. If they want to eat.. you feed them.. sleep.. let them sleep.. Whatever they want.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:01 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• At three months your baby should be sleeping an average of 15 hours between night time and day time sleep. Some babies sleep less, some more but pediatricians will tell you 15 hours is good for a 3 month old. Some sleep good at night, others sleep lots during the day, some do both which would make you very lucky ;-).

For formula, the rule of thumb is to offer him 2.5 ounces of formula per pound of body weight each day. So if he weighs 10 pounds, he should be getting 25 ounces of formula per day. That is just an estimation and some will eat more, some will eat less. You really should base it on your babies cues.

Babies typically eat every few hours (2-3), but again, sometimes more and some less. At 3 months they are the ruler of the roost and you should follow their cues to determine what they need. Good luck!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think the average amount for formula is 30-34 oz per day but baby is still supposed to eat whenever he seems hungry, this is what my pedi told me. My son is 3.5 months and has been sleeping thru the night since 7 weeks (9pm-6am). He takes 1/2 naps throught the day and is just starting to take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. He is eating 6oz every 3-4 hours.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• "At three months your baby should be sleeping an average of 15 hours between night time and day time sleep. Some babies sleep less, some more but pediatricians will tell you 15 hours is good for a 3 month old. Some sleep good at night, others sleep lots during the day, some do both which would make you very lucky ;-). "

**grin** I know a lot of babies who didn't get that particular memo! 15 hours? Really? I counted myself lucky if mine did half that in 24 hours!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010