My husband is depressed, how can I help him?

MeganMack

Asked by MeganMack at 6:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Health

• Alot of support and see if he will go to the dr's. If it is serious enough, maybe he needs meds or counceling. But dont give in to the depression, it will make it worse. SUPPORT< SUPPORT< SUPPORT~! of course comfort and love 2~!
    angeleyes31376

Answer by angeleyes31376 at 7:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have major depression, and Post tramatic Stress Syndrome. I take an antidepression med, and other mental healt meds too. They help me alot.Talk with him and be there for him, show him lots of love, listen to him, I mean REALLY Listen with your heart and ears. He needs someone to be there for him. You are his wife be there for him NO Matter What!!! My husband is there for me and helps alot. He can see me getting sick before I do. Get him out, go for a ride, hold him , love him, talk to him,He needs you right now to be very understanding. Let him read this if it will help. Don't be ashamed to be depressed, it is like a cold, only worse. When depression hits, don't feel embarassed, go see your DR. I have had this all my life, Iam 53 and deal with it every day. find something that will make you happy. Let your wife be there for you. If you have questions, feel free to ask me.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• YOU may not be able to do anything. It may take a professional. I have a depression problem. My husband is a great man and really truly wants to make me happy. But it's not always possible. Depression is terrible! Get him help if he needs it! If he won't go or you can't afford help just get him talking. Start a date nite to get him out and about and more than anything KEEP him talking. also watch what he is eating. There are lots of foods that are natural anti-depressants. Do a web search as I don't know what they all are. Get them in to his diet. and make sure he's getting sleep. You could also take a trip to the local health food or supplement store... They should be able to help you with supplements that could help.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Have SEX with him. that will get his mind off of what is bothering him.
    Anonymous

• I say take him to see a counselor and get him to start exercising outdoors. Also play is good for depression. Go on family walks after dinner when the sun is still out (or before if you don't eat dinner that early).
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2008