Laboring for days lightly?

Have you ever been in labor for a few days without knowing it?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah a few time
    mommymissa1979

Answer by mommymissa1979 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not without knowing it, but with my second and my fourth I was in the early stages of labor for weeks before delivery. It's called predomal labor and it's pretty common.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i was in early labor for almost a week. i didnt really know what it was until i told my doctor about it and she told me it was early labor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my mom was in labor with me for about 4 weeks. prodromal labor. i am glad to say i did not experience that. both of my labors took place within a day with very little pre-labor stuff.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• With my first, I went into labor at 36 1/2 wks. I woke up wednesday morning feeling very crampy, soon I noticed that there was a pattern to them, about 15 min apart. This continued ALL day and into the night. By thursday morning, the contractions were down to every 8-10 min apart. I was still feeling like I was ok, except I had to stop for the contractions and breathe thru them. My sister kept telling me "you are in labor!" and I kept saying "no, I am not due til next month" lol Thursday night, I was so tired but the contractions kept me from sleeping good, they were about 7min apart. Friday morning I coulnt take it anymore, I finally called my midwife and told her what was going on. She had me come to the office. I was only about 1cm dialted. She sent me home with a prescription for something to help me sleep alittle. Friday night was realllyyyy bad, the contractions were only about 5 min apart at this point
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• cont.
    I woke Casey up on saturday morning about 5am crying cause I was in pain and couldnt sleep. I really still didnt believe this was the real thing! We got to the hospital around 6am and I was only about 2cm. I stayed in the hospital (to my surprise) and finally at 751pm he was born!!!!! I was exactly 37wks and he weighed 8lbs :)

KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 3:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010