How do I break off with one SIL without alienating another?

I have 2 sisters-in-law and at least once a year we've gone away together for a weekend. I really, really like one of them and we have a great time together but the other is a royal pain. She spends most of the time on her cell phone and has no ideas or suggestions herself, just seems to tag along with whatever we do. I'd like it to just be the first SIL and me from now on but don't want to "rock the family boat" by cutting out the other one.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 11:04 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• If it were me, I would not try to cut the annoying sister in law out of those trips. I would grin and bear it.
    I would just make plans with the other one at other times during the year, so that we could just enjoy being around each other.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Honestly, I'd say the right thing to do is just suck those trips up. Make other plans like shopping trips, lunches, etc. with the other.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• well you could just slowly let the royal pain one go but slowly. if you have 3 get togethers a week with her, go down to 2 then 1 but maybe not entirely let her go. if you get to a point where you dont do much with her, she might eventually find new friends to do other things with and it might work out your way.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't see anyway you can cut her out without causing trouble. Chances are since she is obviously not having a good time, she'll back out of them sooner or later.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It sounds like she is annoying but it dosent sound like a reason not to allow her to go on the trips. If you like the other sil better spend time with her doing other things throuught the year.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think you need to grin and bear it too. Tough, but just make your plans and let her tag along. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yeah i just make different times for them
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010