How can I become a mommy blogger?

I hear constantly that I should write a book about my adventures in motherhood. So, I thought I would try to do something toward that goal. My problem---how do I get started??? I thought about mommy blogging---seems to be popular. And my SIL told me some get paid...how does one get into that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just go over and start a blog, and when you post, share it on your facebook and twitter and any other social networking sites you do. Blogr will help you monetize it with ads.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:15 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree just get started, promote your blog everywhere and anywhere you can. Twitter, Facebook, acceptable places and ways here on CM (cafemom) and other social sites. Read the community guidelines and no the rules of what its acceptable and what is not. Build a network of people and over TIME and HARD work the money (or other offers) will come in. I've been approached out of the blue by company like jumpstart to do a review for them. (Jumpstart seen my blog and contacted me by email and said will you review our product and for your HONEST opinion we'll give your kids a full FREE membership to our site for 1 year). They liked my review so much, that they contacted me again to review their Wii game but I had to turn that down because we don't own a Wii. (If I would have said yes, then they would have sent me their game for free).
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Just know that it takes TIME! You are not going to get rich over night, nor will you get offers to do reviews over night. You can also monetize with things like adsense, amazon, etc. This does also help but again it takes work to make the ads work for you. The more views and visitors you get to your blog the better your odds are at making some cash. I've had google ads (adsense) on my blog for about 18 month and have only made about $20. However, I have NOT seen that money, because google requires that there is a min. of $100 before they pay out! Google is my "big" payer, the other monetize things I've done have technically "paid". I've earn cashed, but again just like google adsense I haven't earned enough to have a pay out. My blog is a blogger/blogspot blog.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It takes a long time to make money using a blog, unfortunately. I write a blog myself and really wish I could get paid for it like a magazine or newspaper writer does. My advice for you is first start your blog. I like Blogger, but some people prefer Wordpress. There are numerous blog directories you can post your blog on. Add Google Adsense. Start a Facebook and/or Twitter fan page. Let all your friends and family know about it. There are several Cafemom blog groups. I belong to three and regularly post and follow other people's blogs. They usually return the favor and follow you in return. Leave interesting comments on blogs you enjoy.

Feel free to pm me if you have questions on specifics.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You can just go over to Google and open a Blogger account.  It's totally free!  Start your Blogs.  I have a couple of things you might want to check out to see how it's done though.  First, you can check this site out.  It's a Blog about other Blogs.  There are lots of reviews on there and you might find something you'd like to Blog about too:  Blog about Blogs

Next, in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work, there are some blogging opportunites posted there.

Good luck and remember, it's supposed to be fun!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010