Is anyone elses husband this childish?

When we argue my husband likes to take things from me to make me say that I'm sorry. Sometimes he takes my phone so that I can't call anyone. Sometimes he takes my laptop or atleast the battery out of it. Lastnight he took my car keys and won't give them back. Luckily I'm off today but he says that tomarrow I will have to find a ride to work because he isn't giving me the keys.

candy79556

Asked by candy79556 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband does not behave like that. But if I were you, I would not ask for these things back. You know who it will end up hurting the most? Him!! If he doesn't give you the keys back by tomorrow, you call into work and tell them exactly why you can't be there. Do not lie to cover up for him. If he gives you any kind of opportunity, you can tell him that's what you intend to do. You are his wife, not his child. Apparently, he has the two mixed up. Get yourself a copy of BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It is filled with all kinds of helpful advice for wives like you. There have to be consequences for bad behavior, just like with your children. So you are going to have to dish some out to your husband who seems to think he has all the control. Now if you have been wrong, you do need to apologize for that, but he has no right to punish you to make you say you are sorry.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:31 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's not childish,that's controlling!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• mine doesn't take things he just yells at me and treats me like he does his 9 year od son talks to me like a child in front of the kids and anyone else who's around drives me insane if he was to take my phone or keys or something I would def. retaliate lol I would take the battery out of his car or the alternator which is really easy to get out or take a couple of tires off and put whatever I took somewhere he couldn't find it or get it ! he would get a taste of his own medicine ! I'm big on whats good for the goose is good for the gander or how ever it goes !
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Honey, you already have a child/children to raise, he should man up and act like the adult he is. My KIDS would never think of disrepecting me like that, let alone my husband. Send him back to his mommy and tell her she's not done raising him yet since he wants to act like a 5y/o. Seriously.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh my gosh that is awful and I am so sorry to hear it. My husband used to do some very childish things not that exactly but just as childish. Have faith sometimes they do grow out of it. you two should try sitting down and having a serious talk when you are both even headed and not angry. Try telling him how this effects you and everyone else in your house and suggest how you may both solve this problem.
    ceemeefeemee

Answer by ceemeefeemee at 11:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• OMG! Talk about a controll freak. When he takes something of yours, return the favor and take something of his and see how he likes it. That is just so Immature.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh hell no! He would never try that kind of BS with me. He knows the results would NOT be pretty.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:31 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was going to say that yes, my husband can be childish but he's never done that! Usually him being childish is just whining about dumb stuff or complaining about doing something because "he was the one who did it last time". I'll be damned if he ever took my stuff! His stuff would be out the window :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes he does need to grow up. Well next time he can go to the store if he wants something.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i'm sorry but sounds like something a woman would do. my dh would never do that. Could he be doing it because he doesnt want to argue and he just wants to kiss and make up or is he just being plain ugly? If he just wants to make up then its kinda sweet..i would just say sorry and end it..I would quit doing things for him though, let him start doing stuff for himself..little brat
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 2, 2010