Is it proper to send flowers or maybe a card after a job interview?

I had an awesome interview yesterday and it's a job I really want. I was interview by 4 people and met most of the staff. I really want the job. Would it be okay to send flowers or maybe a thank you note to the department?

aegmo3

Asked by aegmo3 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Money & Work

• NO. Keep it professional. The only thing you should send is a follow up letter reiterating your interest in the job and your qualifications for that job.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Don't do that. You can send a letter like the above poster said. I would think sending flowers or a card would be a sure way NOT to get the job.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• yeah I wasn't sure. I thought it may seem a lil desperate lol. Thanks...didn't think of the letter thing...I just wanna stay fresh in the minds ya kno?
    aegmo3

Answer by aegmo3 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• yes, keep it professional, and prompt. send a business style letter thanking the interviewer for their time, professing your desire for the job, and if you can dig something up that you learned during the interview, you might want to toss that in to show you were paying attn and are interested in the company as well as the job. GL girl!

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 11:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• no - it was a job interview, not a social event
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• A small thank you card.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• A thank you email, letter or follow-up phone call. But that is it!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:21 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• A thank you card is fine. Flowers no.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 8:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2008