How To Help Your Baby's Tummy Ache's ?

What Can You Do To Help Your Baby From Having Really Bad Tummy Ache's ??

shawnanapier

Asked by shawnanapier at 11:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How do you know baby has a tummy ache?

Mylicon gas drops work well it is caused by gas
    Your baby could have reflux, which would need meds and or diet change.
    Your baby could be lactose intolerant.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Gas drops.. or I would lay them on my lap with their tummy on my knees.. that seemed to help.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Depends on what caused it, obviously. I have found Gripe Water is AWESOME for everything from hiccups to colic. You can get it at walgreens. Also a friend of mine found that if you sit on the dryer with one towel in the dryer, and one towel on your lap with your kid belly down on the towel it helps too. Just rotate out the towels as they cool off.
    jmaldonado

Answer by jmaldonado at 11:54 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would use gripe water when my two were having tummy problems. It seemed to help.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:55 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You don't say the age of your baby, how you know it's a tummy ache, and what you mean by tummy ache. When a baby is in discomfort it is pretty hard to tell what's going on. If the baby is in a lot of discomfort then the baby should be checked out by a hcp to find out the problem.

I breastfed and none of my 3 babies had tummy aches. I know you can do an I Love You tummy massage. You massage the letters I L and U on the baby's tummy. I'm sure you can find directions online. It's something Dr. William Sears recommends.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• gripe water and gas drops worked pretty well. and tummy massage. from one side to the other then down. then push baby's knees up towards his chest.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I found the I Love You massage on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RaMv4smzO4

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:59 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I used to sit on the couch w my knees bent on my feet flat on the floor. I'd lay the baby's tummy on my thighs and very gently rock my knees while patting their back lightly. My kids loved when I did that, but of course it only applies if the baby can hold its own head up
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh, and def Gripe water too...I lived on that stuff almost w my youngest cuz he just had the weirdest tummy issues.
    nappeal

Answer by nappeal at 12:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If i though maybe my daughter had a tummy ache I'd pat and rub her back. I'd lay her on my lap on her side facing me. Then I'd rub in a circular motion and give her one gentle pat. I'd also put on the fan across the room on low and let it rotate. This way she was comfortable and cool. Another thing water is a huge part of health be sure to give your baby water wither they like it or not. It will benefit you and the baby in the long run.

Good Luck!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 1:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010