Horrible GPA

I have a horrible GPA from my undergrad... a 2.58 with a 2.25 in my major coursework. I should also mention that I took 97 hours at the 3/400 level when the university only required 30...so as you can see I try the more difficult courses instead of opting for the easy way out...thus the low GPA. I have to take the GRE if I want to get into grad school and I'm pretty sure I can get the 3 letters of recommendation....could those 2 as well as my purpose statement help to buffer me? What are the odds of me getting into grad school? Should i even bother? The ones I am considering applying to do not have GPA requirements listed....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in

• It would be hard to get into a competitive program, but there are probably programs out there that you could get into.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You can always start at a community college & improve your scores, then transfer if you want to.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If there's no GPA requirement listed, then what you have should be fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with the mom that said their are programs where the scores might not matter.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 8:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010