Do you think you could be in a sexless marriage or relationship?

Do you think you could go months or even years without sex because your partner would not make effort to have sex? How long do you think you could or would go without?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Not if the reasoning behind no sex was because they wouldnt make an effort that IMO is a sucky excuse! -- however if it was a medical issue or something like that, I know I'd be ok
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've gone several months. Now that DH just had shoulder surgery, it might be several months. As a marriage grows, it becomes more about the friendship than the sex anyway.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sex is awesome! But, if something were to happen physically, and we couldn't do it, then I'd still be here. Now if it was more of a mental thing, we'd try to work through it. I won't leave just because he stops or I stop wanting sex.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, unless he has a medical problem or is hurt.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• nope sex is essential!!!!! two weeks to long :)
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I did for 3 years. When I wanted my husband to get help he filed for divorce instead. He gained a lot of weight while I was pregnant and had physical erectile issues. We now know he has diabetes.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sex of any kind or just penetration?

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• when dh and i first started dating it was sexless. We didnt have any kind of sex. I think it frustrated him some but he respected that i wanted to wait. Now, that we've had sex..i get moody if i dont get any going on 3-4 days. I have gone 3 wks when he had to have surgery. I know i could go longer because i have will power but i enjoy my dh
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The sex is great in my marriage. However, if something were to happen where we could not do it anymore, it would not change how I felt. I know there would still be passion and I would love him no matter what.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I couldn't live without sex forever. If there was a silver lining I could be patient... years even. But if was a NEVER again kind of thing... I dunno. I like ot think that I could be happy just being with my husband, but sex is a very important part of my life. I can't say for certain that I would be happy the rest of my life without it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010