Do you believe that Jehovahs Witnesses?

Do you believe that the Jehovahs Witnesses are True Christians? Just by the way they live and act? Also by the way they live everyday according to what God asks of us, to go and make witness to God and Jesus Christ? Also, because they stick close to God? I have found that they are true believers in God and in Jesus and try very hard to set a good examples of how a True Christian should act?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a pagan that was raise as a JW... I personally do not understand why any christian would not be JW... They live their lives as closely to the examples in the bible as possible. I have studied MANY christian religions and all (except JWs) have pagan roots and practices. To me that's not Christianity it's just paganism with a different face... I am happily pagan and proud to be that way. To me Christianity just doesn't make sense... But IF I were ever to convert I would be a JW or nothing at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ugh. That's an extremely difficult question to answer. Under NO circumstances can I look at someone, judge their life, and say "You are/aren't Christian and you are/aren't going to heaven/hell". Having said that, I do not put them in the same category as Christians.  There has been many discussions about this over the last few days, but, in a nutshell, it's because they believe in several things that go directly against the Bible (and I'm not talking about the NWT).

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Oh, that's not to say that they aren't very good people. They DO live their lives according to what they believe, day in and day out, and that's commendable.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• all i know is they are the hardest working jesus worshipers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• As a former JW, I believe that there are some real Christians involved in it. Jesus said that He has sheep that are not of this fold. (John 10:16)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:25 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think that most of them are good, sincere people who are doing their best to make the world a better place. And yes, I do think that they are true Christians.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• They believe in Jesus and that he died for their sins. That makes them Christians.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:26 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Christian CELEBRATIONS may have some pagan roots but Christianity itself has nothing pagan about it. Most Christians would not be a JW because they do not believe in many of the important Christian doctrines, and because they have twisted things around to meet their needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• ...and yes. I believe they are CHRISTIAN because they belive Jesus is the son of God whom came and died for our sins. We belive he is the Great Teacher whom learned from his Father above. We believe that God is the Creator who has a Heavenly Kingdom and whos kingdom will rule over this Earth one day....know that prayer, "Thy Kingdom come they will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven." There ya go.

I am a Christian. Simply means, "Christ follower."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Do you believe that the Jehovahs Witnesses are True Christians? IMO, no. Based on their beliefs about the deity of Christ and his resurrection. Scripture says if we do not believe in this than our faith is in vain.

Just by the way they live and act? The way we live and act is not what MAKES a person a Christian. A Christian is someone who has put their eternal fate and trust COMPLETELY in Christ hands, based upon his death and resurrection. To my knowledge JW's do not do this.

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2008