helping constipation?

i'm 26 weeks. And i've been very constipated for a few months now. If there anything safe to take for this, that wont harm my lil one.

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 12:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• fiber. lot's of fiber and water. Switch to whole wheats and get a lot of fruit and veggies. Avoid to much dairy. Dairy tends to cause constipation.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Try eating lots of fresh fruits everyday...grapes,apples,peaches,strawberries.
    Also, when it has gotten bad for my son (and myself during pregnancy) I like to make a container of prune juice and pear/apple juice mixed together and shaken with ice. I give it to him to drink for the entire day. If he doesnt go by the next day...I make another one for him. I mix the two drinks together to make it taste better...but if you can handle the taste of straight prune juice, go for it.
    Hope this helps!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You can take Colace (stool softner...not a laxative like ExLax)...its safe & friendly LOL. My Dr. recommeded it and I took only a few when I really needed them while pregnant....especially in the later months. I just can't stomach prune juice....Lots of water helps too...if you can deal with the extra peeing!....Oh., and I LOVE Fiber One Cereal... I ate it through my pregancy's and still am having it for breakfast. Tastes good and keeps ya regular.
    texasmom010409

Answer by texasmom010409 at 1:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The best thing that is the safest is KIWI fruit for pregnant women. I ate one every day when I was pregnant and never got constipated. My doc told me this and it works!!Google it for more info
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had that problem around that point. I took Colace and Metamucil. I also increased my water intake and fruits and veggies.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010