Normal for little boys?

My 4 yo is becoming more interested in his weewee, but not in aan innocent way. He knows its there and he thinks its funny when it 'goes up', and will happily announce it to anyone in earshot, or show anyone @ home. Of course I tell him to put it away, but he totally embarassed me this wkend when 1st: he tells a little boy @ a play-place 'hey my sister wants to play too; she's hot, huh?!'; then later when he's laying down posing for some pics, he asks the photographer to hurry because his 'peepee hurt and was going up'...not a comforting to say when his sister is laying on him! I just wonder if anyone has epxerienced this w their own sons? We're starting to call him Chester in the house cuz he's getting so pervvy!

nappeal

Asked by nappeal at 12:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• i find it weird him calling his sister hot..maybe you should monitor their playing together. It is normal though for boys to be curious about their private parts. My son is about his anyways. When he first started noticing his getting hard he wanted everyone to know about it too =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am going through this with my almost 4yr son! I guess its just a stage they go through , even though it makes me uncomfy when he does it .
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 12:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• LOL..well..it IS normal for some little boys to be obsessed about thier "wees"...but from you've described he seems to have a little bit more knowledge about it than others and may be a a bit vocal about it too. My son used to like to announce to me about his pee-pee standing up. I told him that I as glad he could share that information with me, but it was something that is private and he doesnt have to tell me or anyone else when it happens..unless it is hurting or there something wrong with it.
    Glad your son thinks his sister is "hot",LOL...daddy must complement mommy a lot within earshot,lol.
    But, all-in-all, I really wouldnt worry about it too much. Embarressing for us moms, yes...Normal?..yes...Will it ever stop?..Only time will tell... LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• very normal, once they find it the fascination never ends, just got to make sure he doesn't keep announcing it to the world.

Answer by older at 12:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Kimberly - if you have a DH/SO - you know for a fact it will never stop. Men start playing with (and being fascinated with) their wee-wees before they're even a year old, and never stop even as adults. :)
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Lol actually EVERY girl is 'hot'! I'm REALLY trying to discourage him using that word!
    nappeal

Comment by nappeal (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would worry about WHO he was exposed to! I have 3 boys and all have been obessed with their penis since they first discovered them! LOL. But at least my older ones know that they need to keep their private parts private. IE: If they want to touch their penis then they need to go in the bathroom or in their bedroom. However, NONE of them have ever called a girl/woman hot or sexy or any of that.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010