Can anyone recommend a good deep conditioner that isn't expensive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• cholesterol, mayo, or banana's with a clarifying shampoo
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Pantene has a good one. Have you ever tried the ,"Hot Oil Treatment from VO5?" It leaves my hair SOOOOO soft & I feel like it's new,..lol & very shiney too!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use V05.. its like 96 cents at our walmart..and it makes my hair super soft and shiny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• (shutters over the VO5 and pantene comments)

you can make some at home if you want.. (i do)...

take 2 eggs.. mix in bowl with a touch of either (about a tsp) castor oil or olive oil, a splash of mayo (about a tsp)

section hair and apply section by section for best coverage (like you'd apply haircolor).

allow to sit for 10 minutes min.. and rinse.. shampoo, and condition with a good conditioner.

(I don't use this method very much, I typically make mine out of other products.. like my conditioner (joico k-pac), a diamond head shine serum, and a deep conditioning oil, however it can be expensive if you don't already have these things available, and the homemade one works almost just as well).

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• eggs are the main ingredient.. they contain a high amount of amino acids and protein.. (what your hair is made out of).. which out it.. anything else is sort of a mute point.. (although you can replace eggs with other high protein products)..

if you are going to use a conditioning treatment.. make sure to read the labels.. if they don't have protein, keratin, or biotin in them, they are useless.. most of the products that don't contain these things will have paraffin in them instead, which is a wax, it does NOTHING to help restore health to your hair, it only covers the cuticle.. it does give it a shine yes.. but it's a false shine.. and in the end, ends up doing more damage than good.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I swear by It's a 10 products. They are marketed as a miracle product, and they really are.  You can read about them here:

It's a 10

Not only do they condition, but they all nourish the hair and help to speed hair growth.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:46 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i love biolage (which is expensive) but I buy it at places like marshalls or tj maxx or find it on sale
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:55 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I use the Aussie 3 minute Miracle. I've used it for years, like once a week (I dye my hair, and it keeps it softer) and I love it. I think it costs around $3 and lasts me for a couple of months. The other suggestions are really good, too, from what I've heard.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:45 AM on Aug. 17, 2010

• i use pantene and i love it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2010