Have you ever thought about sleeping in seperate beds from your dh/so?

I have.Starting now.He's got to get his own bed before I kick him right on the floor! Granted, I am 33 weeks pregnant and we only have a full size bed. Its hot as heck..well I AM always hot..he's always cold.He's a super bedhog lately.I am HUGE..I can't take sleeping on the edge of the bed no more!! He says he sleeps on the edge..but he's full of it. He rolls to his back..right in the middle of the bed and is spread like a giant X.
My back is killing me because I can't sleep comfortable.I try not to move to much to not wake him up becuase he gets up so early.I move my big toe and he grunts.
I told him he can have a cot at the end of the bed! LOL

eh, we won't really do it..but I'm so aggravated by it..I'm being tortured. :(
One day, we'll get a new bed...a BIG one. A california KING size,LOL. But for now, thats what were stuck with and I'm bout to knock him out.grrrr.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• If you can believe it, we are sleeping in different rooms because of a similar situation. We will go to bed together and say I love you and cuddle, but after he falls asleep, I do back downstairs and sleep in the guest room. The air vent is not working up stairs and I get super hot. My DH loves to be hot. Not me!! He can have his fan, I will take the air AND the fan. BTW- I'm 27 weeks pregnant, so I know how you feel. It's horrible.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When i was pregnant,I DID have my own bed for the same reasons you mentioned. I needed my sleep too!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That is why we invested in a king!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• There's no problem it she just wants to be comfortable! I slept in a diff bed from my hubby from the time I was around 30 weeks (for the very same reasons as you) up until Chloe was 3 months old (b/c she'd only sleep on my chest), and we're fine.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We got a king just for this reason LOL - we had a double twin waterbed when I was preg with 1st DD - talk about painful. anyhow see if you can save or spring for a bigger bed go with a king though. A cali king is narrower and only longer and more expensive so go with a regular king. GL
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i want a king!!! i wish every night we had a spare bed though because of his snoring..sometimes it gets so bad i want to get up and go on the couch..especially if i go to sleep after him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The "giant X" happens in this house too! ;) Plus snoring. I move to another bed when it gets to be too much.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I do not sleep with my husband...not because i don't want to....it is because we have a full size bed, we both snore, so he prefers the couch. I hate it for many different reasons. I do hope it will not always be this way.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Retro Relationship Tip No. 3: Sleep As Singles

It was TV censors who kept sitcom couples in separate beds, but maybe there was wisdom to catching your ZZZs in your own bed.

When one partner snores or is a night owl, tensions can mount in the marital bed, experts say. It may seem like a throwback a la Ricky and Lucy Ricardo, but many couples happily sleep in separate beds; some even maintain separate bedrooms and eliminate tossing and turning and fights over the blanket.

And many couples who are secure enough to seek satisfying slumber on their own report using the regained energy for more ... loving pursuits.

From Go Retro: 12 Tips for a Happy Marriage

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We sleep separately and in my opinion it does not mean there is a problem. It started when I was pregnant; we too have a full size bed, he snores and we are both big people. My boyfriend also works until 2am 4 nights a week and rather than disrupt my sleep he will sleep on either the couch or our guest bed. Even though I gave birth in September we still sleep like that, it works best for us. On the nights he doesn't work he will sometimes stay up later than I do, sometimes he comes to sleep with me but sometimes he sleeps in the guest room. We have more issues if we don't get enough sleep than we do by not sharing the same bed all the time.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 2:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2010