How did you deal with headaches and neckaches while pregnant?

I have recently been having more and more...I think they are stress related and or sinus...b/c my neck usually hurts first...then it moves to my head.

I HATE taking tylenol a lot..I try to avoid it...but I have two other kids who need taking care of...

Any ideas? I am 12 weeks by the way :)

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 1:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hate taking pills too..but Tylenol.. I have to.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ice x 20 min. for your neck... but try to do it before it becomes a headache. I also used to put ice packs on my head too... it really helped. Also, stay hydrated, that can play a huge part if keeping headaches away!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Tylenol is pretty much the only safe thing you can take and there's no need to suffer so take it if it's really bad. Also, you might look into prenatal massages. Now that you are nearly in the 2nd trimester, most massage places will take you, just make sure they are certified as prenatal massage since there are special considerations. They can help remove a lot of that tension in your neck. You might even have some knots pushing on your nerves that are making things hurt.
    DanielleB10

Answer by DanielleB10 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my cure-all for my neck pain and headaches is monthly visits to the chiropractor. it really helps with my discomforts and i'm not taking any drugs.
    boom_maker

Answer by boom_maker at 4:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010