does your family (mother, father and siblings) ever refuse to help you in need because they are worried about the way they look?

it was surprising when i asked my sister to help me move for a while when she replyed "you will have to explain to your husband that we have nothing to do with your decision because we dont want him all mad at us."

i mean, really?

did somebody ever give you a hard time because they are afraid of how they will look in front of others?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My family and true friends will drop anything to help me, and I do the same for them.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• maybe she is afraid your dh will be harrassing them.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't agree with your decision. It's nice she's not flat out refusing to help you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i have heard of parents saying they wont help their children bc it wouldn't teach them a lesson. i wouldn't help someone on pa who used all their money to buy cigarrettes and sold their fs for cash and spent that too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• "Maybe she doesn't agree with your decision. It's nice she's not flat out refusing to help you. "

i rather have someone say no so they dont string me along or beat around the bush
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010