how do you make spaghetti?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What the first replier said, minus the "I hope you're joking part" and adding that putting a little bit of oil in helps the pasta not stick together. =)

*When I ask questions specific to the one answering I put "you " in all caps. Then they realize what I mean. LOL!*
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I buy the pasta (usually either spaghetti pasta or the little bow ties), and two jars of sauce. I cook 1-2 pounds of ground beef with half an onion and a hand full of mushrooms, salt and pepper. Drain. Add to the sauce with the other half of the onion, the rest of the mushrooms, some either garlic powder or crushed garlic. Add paprika, chili powder, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and a cup and a half of Splenda (or sugar if I'm out of splenda). Let it hang out in the crock pot all day and do the pasta half an hour before I need everything ready.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You take a 6-quart pot and fill it with water, add salt to water, bring to boil. Salt is supposed to keep the spaghetti from sticking. When the water is a "rolling boil" break the spaghetti in half to fit the pot. Cook till al dente. You can take a piece of the pasta and what I call taste test it to see if it's thorooughly cooked. If it still tastes chewy you need to keep it in the boiling water a little while longer. If it looks like it's sticking together take a fork and run it through the pasta. In the meantime, if you want a short cut for sauce just take your favorite jarred sauce and add it to another pan. Heat sauce and add additional spice to liking. I always add garlic and basil and extra salt to any jarred sauces I use.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 1:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Actually, no, that's kind of rude. I know how I make spaghetti, I want to know how other people do it.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We make our own sauce....it usually takes 1 1/2 - 2 days for us to make spagetti. Our kids will eat the canned or jar sauces if they are at someone else's house but if we made it that way, they wouldn't touch it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 2:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I usually buy sauce and ready made meatball and cook the pasta and add some pepper and garlic powder to it
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I usually make my own sauce or if I don't feel like it, I add spices and meat to jarred sauce. We don't use spaghetti noodles. I prefer to use penne or mezze penne because it's easier for the kids to get on the fork than long noodles.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i boil spaghetti, cook ground beef with garlic salt, add a jar of sauce.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I chunk up a ton of veggies from my garden, add tomatoes if I don't have fresh, season, and cook the sauce for hours, then use my immersion blender to get rid of the chunks, and add more seasoning if need be. I let it cool, and ladle into meal-size containers or bags, and freeze all but one - that one goes in the fridge. The next day I cook my meat (we usually throw ground beef in, last time it was venison), add the sauce to warm up, boil my pasta (spaghetti for us doesn't usually mean spaghetti noodles), drain when it's done, and mix. When I serve it I add some cheese on the kids' plates. If we have anything with it, we have a green salad.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 2:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It depends on the mood I am in... I add all sorts of goodies to mine, including chucked tomatoes, green and red peppers, onion, broccoli, the meat varies also, venison is good, also turkey burger... or a combo of all...
    Also the pasta type/style changes with me also... anywhere from curly to angel hair...
    It really just depends on my mood ....lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010