Is there any good work at home jobs?

I currently work outside the house and have to to survive. What I want is a stay at home job, but I dont want to do surveys, be a secret shopper, or pay a start up fee. I am currently going to school for a basic journalism/ writing carreer, are ther any jobs out there where you can stay at home and edit/ type for companies. If there are where can I find them and apply?

ednakrabapple

Asked by ednakrabapple at 9:34 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Money & Work

• Again... what is with the people who say "I love my job and I'm so proud of what I do!" but don't tell you what they actually do? So fishy...

For writing, keep an eye on http://jobs.problogger.net/ . A lot of crap gets posted there, but there are some great-paying jobs for real people once in a while. I found a job writing articles about ingredients/cooking techniques for a food/cooking website. They pay really well and it actually ends up helping with the bills.

Also subscribe to and watch http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/ . They also post writing jobs (again, some crap and some awesome) all the time, as well as articles that will help you improve your writing and marketing yourself.

Writing is always going to be more work than editing/typing, but if you have the time and the inclination, it can be a great stay-at-home job!
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 9:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Personally I haven't found anything... I have a home business and I make good money doing it. But there are fees... I also have a WAH Job and make pennies but there are no fees... PM me if you want to know what I do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I don't know of any good jobs at home. I have a business from home myself and the start up fee I had to pay was $29.00 with money back if I didn't like the business. So far it works great. My whole family benefits from what I do.

http://www.EnjoyingMyTime.com
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 11:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• No jobs from home, why work for someone anyways. Enjoy the luxury of working your hours, be our own boss, earn lots of money and create residaul income. Feel free to stop by my profile page and see what I do from home. I would suggest you research before you close your mind to a home business; you may be cheating yourself out of a huge opportunity. Hope to hear from you soon.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I looked for a long time for a legit home job that actually pays well and I came up with nothing. So, I decided to start a home business and I chose Ameriplan. I really love what I do and I have a passion for helping moms just like me have the freedom to work from home and build something great for their family. Let me know if you would like the details. I wish you luck!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 2:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have not yet found a legit work from home job, so I decided to start my own home based business. Have you even though about being your own boss, setting your own hours, staying at home with your kids while making a great income from the comfort of your own home? If you love to travel, this business is for you. Message me if you would like more details about this great business opportunity.
    www.earnitnow.net
    www.beautifulvacations.org
    natalie0318

Answer by natalie0318 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Depends on what you want to do - work for someone else and earn a paycheck, or start your own home business. I am an independent distributor/consultant for wellness beverages. Each are functional, earn amazing income, but you have to keep your expectation real. My product paid for itself in 30 days, everything else is a bonus. The only "work from home jobs" that are worth doing are those that your current employer establishes. All else you work real hard for pennies. You should trade your time for residual income that you earn, not making someone else rich while you only get paid what they think you are worth....
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 5:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have a real work at home job - some friends introduced me to this business and I can tell you it is the only business that works. This job have never been advertised on the internet until now. I invite any mothers who want to stay at home with their kids to check out my website. It will change your life, you will be your own business owner and run your own business with the help of the team that I am creating. I'm on a mission to change the lives of any mom who wants to stay at home with their kids just like I do and still be able to make an income based on their work. Please check this out - you won't regret it. http://www.foreverstayathomemom.com/
    Justine13

Answer by Justine13 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company!
    http://www.workathomeunited.com/BeAtHome
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 10:54 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• stop by the Divas -

many of the ladies here have some great businesses...apply as a lurker and just watch and learn....

Join the Divas -

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/wahdivamoms/

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 1:14 PM on Oct. 5, 2008