Does Mountin Dew really reduce Sperm count???

I heard that the Yellow 5 in Mountain Dew reduces sperm count so I have taking it away from my husband lol I was just wondering if anyone new if it was try or a myth???

KBurpee91308

Asked by KBurpee91308 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• probably myth but keep it away anyway - all that caffeine is bad for his sperm and you aren't the only one who needs to watch food and drink intake. your SO should try to be and stay as healthy as you when ur are trying to conceive.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is false. Urban legend only. There are no reliable studies that support the claim.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• i'm sure it a myth because i read somewhere that if your trying for a boy to have your husabnd drink a caffinated drink before sex so the male sperm are more energetic. and i didn't say anything about not drinking mt. dew. my husabnd has an addiction to mt. dew to so hopefully its not true.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 11:14 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I've heard that drinking caffine right before ejaculation can actually help--read it in some literature on concieving naturally.
    Anonymous

• Actually. caffeine gets the male sperm really active, giving them a better chance of the female sperm. Drinking a really stong black coffee 30 minutes prior to intercourse will help if you're trying for a boy.
    shell.bell

Answer by shell.bell at 9:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2008