Gift for daughter's boyfriend's 18th

My daughter has been dating one young man for the last 6 months. He is very polite, has many qualities I approve of , is very good to our younger daughter, and has become pretty close to our family. He even wrote a letter to me on Mother's Day and a letter to DH on his birthday thanking us for our kindness towards him. awwww :)

He will be turning 18 next week and I would like to give him a gift card. What amount would be appropriate?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm thinking between $25-$50.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• $20-$50 I would think. Depending on what you can afford.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• On my 18th birthday, my now MIL had given me a 50-dollar-bill. She had written on it "Save for a rainy day". I had that $50 in my purse for about 3 years, until I had to use it for emergency gas money.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I probably wouldn't go higher than $25.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would give at least $30, maybe 50 if youre feeling generous! He sounds like a nice boy!
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Six months isnt that long, but you seem to like him. Now of days, less that $50.00 would be like nothing, so $50.00 would probably be the way to go. Hope he enjoys your thinking of him.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sounds like a really nice boy. I agree 25-50 based on what you can afford. If you want it to be a gift card you could consider an itunes card that's what we keep giving to our sons friends. I have to say I like the save it for a rainy day idea.
    Aemelia

Answer by Aemelia at 12:53 AM on Aug. 8, 2010