When do you think?

The number of cats a person owns becomes more than just a love of cats. There seems to be a fine line between loving cats and being the crazy cat lady on the block. How many cats do you think is enough?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 2:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pets

• For myself two. Although I have two dogs right now.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i think it depends on the house and how well they are taken care of. i dont care if she wants to have 15 cats if she is willing and able to take care of them. as long as the cats are not taking over your house i think you are fine.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Admitedly, I am not a cat person...I just don't get the wanting 9 cats thing. I don't hate cats, I am simply more into dogs. I was at the vet Sat and a woman in front of me was asking how much it would cost for the monthly flea treatment for 9 cats. I just thought to myself Lord what must that house smell like? Cats have a very stinky pee and poop and no matter how clean you are, I think you would be hard pressed to keep a nice smelling home with 9 cats. My sister and mom both have cats and I can smell the litter box at times even though it is in their basement. They are very clean women, and it is still something I notice. How on earth do you keep after 9 cats?
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• A single woman with more than one cat has become a "cat lady" in my book.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When you can't take care of them properly.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 5:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think three is enough, just as 3 dogs is enough. I know people with 10 dogs. It seems as if they just feel sorry for the strays and want to give them a home. I dont blame them, If I had the property and money i would do the same. But I think three of any pets is adequate.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have 4 cats and that's plenty. I never planned on 4 cats though. They are loved, fed, taken to vet, litter box cleaned daily, etc. My sister does joke and say " crazy cat lady " LOL I don't care!
    mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think it depends on where you live and how many you are physically and financially able to take care of. 15 cats on a farm are a lot different than 15 cats in a small house in the city.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• When the house is disgusting and you can TELL someone has cats. A home should not be smelly or make it hard for guests to breathe, imo. My mil's house is disgusting. She has like 18 cats and it is filthy and I can't and won't even set foot inside there ever again.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It really just depends on situation. I know a person who has 10 cats and they are very well taken care of. They are all fixed, up to date on shots, and very very spoiled. If the cats are not being taken care of properly and they are basically just there then I think it would be a cat lady thing.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 3, 2010