Losing the baby weight!

Okay... So I'm 29 1/2 weeks (yes, I am counting down till my daughter gets here!), and I guess I haven't gained THAT much weight (I'm 5'11", I was 127lbs.-due in part to being hypoglycemic -before I got pregnant, and right now I sit at 155lbs.)... But, I'm just wondering, what is the best and fastest way to get my body back after my daughter is born? My best friend had her baby over a year ago and is STILL wearing maternity pants, and I'm terrified of that happening! I just want my old jeans back... And the sooner, the better.
(On that note, does anyone else notice that maternity jeans ft them really funny? Like extremely baggy around the crotch and ass? Or is it just me?)

Kassey713

Asked by Kassey713 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Maternity clothes are horrible and the pants are the worst, they always fall off of me! I lost 20 lbs on my own after having my daughter 3 months ago just from nursing but then I lost 9 more pounds taking a new product.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 3:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yeah, finding mat pants that fit well is pretty impossible! You may want to try the Gap or Old Navy, I had the best luck with those!

As for losing weight, for MOST people breastfeeding really helps. Also, while you're prego keep active, exercise, eat well and don't gain excessive weight. This way, you won't have much to lose afterwards and you'll have an easier recovery. I wasn't able to really work out during my first pregnancy and it took SOOOO much longer to lose the weight. With #2, at 8 weeks postpartum I was able to fit into regular jeans again. Of course, I am eating well and exercising too!
    Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Well. most importantly, don't be in a rush to lost the weight. Give yourself some time. If you are able, do some yoga and strength training now, while you're still pregnant. Not only will it help you get in shape sooner after the birth, it can help make the actual birth process go much smoother and easier. Nothing too strenuous, mind you.

The best thing you can do for yourself and your body is to eat healthy and walk. Walk, walk, walk. Every day, no matter what. When you're fully healed from the birth, start something like Callanetics or yoga to strengthen and tighten.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2008