i want to send her a letter to leave us alone or else...but i will be moving to my parents for now

i have this house im remodeling thats about 75 feet from SIL if i get a harrasement order, but i would like to send a letter that ill slap a harassement order on her if she doesnt leave us alone first. can i send that letter if im not living in my own house and my parents house for now or do i have to wait till im in my own house for it to work

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would not send a letter..thats like giving her a warning of what you are thinking of doing and she may turn around and file one against you instead. It doesnt matter where you live..if youre going to file it, just do it. I think it is wise to move out of the house with her at this time and then just file it now. Tell the courts your situation about where your new house is being remodeled and how close it is to her.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• write the letter make a copy of it then send it registered mail. So you know and have proof she got the letter. It shouldnt matter where you are living you are asking her to leave you alone.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• okay..i dont get what you're asking..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i think it does not maater where you live
    if you are able to get such an order
    you MAY have to inform the court when you move of new address

but i also am a bit confused by your wording of your question
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• LOL sorry it makes sense in my mind but im asking this: my SIL has been harrassing my family for a while and i live with her at MIL's house. i want to get away from her so im thinking of moving to my parents. can i send the "im going to slap a harassement order on you if you dont leave me alone" kind of letter to her while im living with my parents while my house is getting remodeled (because it not livable) or do i have to wait till i move into my house so the courts know it didnt come from a different address?
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• again
    after you file
    if court accepts and grants you this
    then give thema change of address
    i would not give her a before harrassment letter
    either file one or do not
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• well if i just jump right to filing a harrassement order then i'd have to wait till my house is done remodeling because she would live 75 feet away from me then and she'd be forced to move
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• they rarely give restraining orders to neighbors - they just wont mess with it - you will have to have undenial proof for them to grant it to you... so. before you tell her - set her up. audio tape (you can voice record with any cell phone - in apps or voice menus) her harassing you. get pictures or some proof that you truly fear her. dont warn her!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• so can i just do the harrassement order while im living with my parents and still move in my house that im remodeling thats 75 feet away from her?
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010