Are there any Moms on here who could not breast feed, but bottle fed?

I had to bottle feed due to medication I had to take for my health. I sometimes read these posts and wonder if I missed out on anything. My daughter and I are close, but what did I really miss out on?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 2:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• I couldn't either. Lactation did not start for me until nearly 2 weeks after she was born. By then, she was used to the bottle and would not breast feed. I would have liked to breastfeed her, but I don't believe that breastfeeding creates a bond between mother and child. That bond is already established long before the baby is born. Make other special memoreis with her. That's all she will remember when she is grown... all the memories of time you spent with her.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was the same way. My father in law actually wanted me to go off of the medication that kept my heart from beating too fast to BF. Which could have resulted in me having a stroke. I don't really think i missed out on anything.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I could only breast feed for about a month, because I couldn't produce enough to keep up with my little "chow-hound". I don't, not even for one second, feel like I missed out on anything. If anything, my family is closer because bottle feeding gives EVERYONE an opportunity to bond with her, not to mention frees your hands for a few minutes....and there's nothing wrong with that.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If you got to hold her close and watch her fall asleep in your arms, that was the best thing for me. Mother-child bond is always strong, breast-feeding or bottle-feeding. Don't worry about what you couldn't do, just remember you did the most you could and that is what's best for your baby. All you really missed out on is sore nipples and worrying whether or not your baby was getting enough. You do what you can, and that's all that matters! :)
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010