Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i got married in cancun to i have to get divorced there too

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Not Sure, call a Lawyer in your area

    Answer by streetmama at 3:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

  • Not if you are an american citizen. You apply for a divorce in your state of residence. It is the same as if you married in California but now live in Kansas. You would file for divorce in Kansas.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

  • The above reply is correct, you do not have to file for divorce there. File for divorce where you live now.

    Answer by sweetpea04 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.