Is there anything you can do for a spider bite?

I used Benadryl lotion and iodine last night but the bite stung really bad. Today I have a headache and my arm hurts a little bit.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 2:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• If you don't know what kind of spider it was, see the doctor. If you do know and it's not poisonous, put some ice on the bite and take some Tylenol.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• go to the dr
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I went to ER because mine affected the muscles in my leg so bad. He prescribed an antibiotic to make sure there was no infection. I would recommend that. Also, I guess they could prescribe you something like a Prednisone pack. That quickly combat the inflammation. You might ask about that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Go to dr!
    8oclockcoffee

Answer by 8oclockcoffee at 2:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Thanks all, I would go but I have a PPO and it costs an arm (play on words ...) and a leg. I took some tylenol but my arm isn't swollen and it isn't getting any redder. But this is the THIRD spider bite I've gotten in the past two months.
    tasches

Comment by tasches (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010