Ex Boyfriend & Self Therapy What Do You Think?

SO, My first love and I broke up suddenly with a fight 7 years ago. We continued to have STRONG feeling for eachother, but never made it work due to complications with our families. He told me he wanted to focus on school and he couldnt give me that I wanted. He basically told me to move on. SO. I did! I got married, had a baby. My ex and I have always stayed friends and we have stayed in touch via email. Recently I spoke to him via email and he would like to have lunch and just catch up and say hello. Everytime I communicate with him I get a horrible panic attack during the night. I have to take medication and I feel horrible. I think my panic attacks are triggered by him. I just get so overwhelmed with emotions because I still love him and I miss him so much. I have never stopped loving him. My questions is. Should I just have lunch with him to see if I can put these feelings to rest?? I want to move on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope..move on like he said years ago. Don't let him have power over you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Your married. I don't think you should be going to lunch or keeping in contact with him after having so much history together. What does your husband think of this whole thing?
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you said.... I want to move on!

so do it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Keep moving on GL
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When I was 17 a dated my ex for a little over an year. Since we were very young, his parents forced him to break up with me. So he did. I cried, and cried and cried. Then I decide to move on, started dating again, but I was never completely happy. I always had very handsome guys trying to date me, but they never made me feel the way my ex did. So years passed, .....5 years later I met my husband, and we started dating ( husband was from here U.S) AND i was in my country at that time. After dating my husband for 1 year we decided to get married. Before I left the country to come live here in the U.S, my oldest brother gave my ex my cell number, and he called me. He was always very sweet, and as I was talking to him tears were coming,,,, I knew I still loved him, but decided that he had the chance of fighting for me... , but he never did. I saw him two years ago... and I can tell you that I still love him..
    amandatavisk

Answer by amandatavisk at 2:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time.... but I know that is not possible. Today I have a wonderful husband, and we do want to have a family with him. But I one of those people that believe that "true" love only happens once. I will always love my ex..., but I know we will never be together anymore.

The best thing you can do is to live you life, try to find what made you marry your husband and thing about that everyday and think that now you have a child and that is the most precious thing you will ever have.

I like to think that they had a chance to fight for us, but they never did. They let time goes by and never said or did anything to show us that they still love us,,,, so MOVE on with your life... as hard as it sound,,,, try to forget him.

amandatavisk

Answer by amandatavisk at 2:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Maybe you do need to see him. Not to see what he is doing in life and such, but maybe this is the time to tell him good bye. The last time you said good bye was because of a fight and it was not on terms that you wanted. It is much easier to "get over" someone if you have a choice in the break up. I hope you will not go to lunch hoping he will ask for you back, because that is a whole other can of worms. Go to lunch with your DH and child on your mind. Remember all the joy they have given you these past few years and remember that your ex was not willing to give you that. Then, tell him good bye for good. That may even mean no more emails. You will NEVER get over him if you still talk to him. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 3:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010