Can anyone defend this?

Anti-Muslim sentiments seem to be increasing lately, having died down from the frenzy after the tragedy of 9/11. No matter how many times it is repeated that those terrorist actions cannot be contributed to Islam or to Muslims, it doesn't seem to reach our own extremists. There are demonstrations happening to protest mosques being built, and preachers of hate sponsoring Quran burnings. Who that supports our Constitution and the First Amendment can defend these actions?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 2:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Religious Debate

• It's all sad. Not all Muslims are terrorists, Just like not all Christians are KKK, or all Arians part of the Arlan nation. This is sad. and all the crap has to stop. Attacking the innocent will send more and more of them into the clutches of the guilty.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'm only going to post one time on here, because I don't want to keep checking back, and you have already formed your opinion so you won't be swayed, but I do want to clarify this. Yes, there are moderate Muslims that don't want to "kill the infidel". BUT, the Quran teaches that anyone that does not accept Islam should BE KILLED. Why would YOU defend a religion that sponsors the stoning of women? Why defend a religion that, to be the best Muslim you can be, is called on to kill other people? Those terrorist actions are contributed to Islam because they do it in the name of Allah, their God, because in his book he told them to do this. If you die in Jihad, holy war, then you are given an instant pass to their heaven. That pastor is burning the Quran because of the horrible, anti-women, anti-Christian words that are in it.

And why would you want to build a mosque right where Allah's followers blew up 3000 people?
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 2:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• An extreme Christian, someone who follows Jesus' sayings to the T, loves everyone, gives to the poor, is merciful. (Not talking about crazy people that misuse the Bible to be horrible people). An extreme Muslim, someone who follows the Quran to the T, kills non-Muslims. Go read it. Yes it does say that. Okay, done.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 2:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't believe it is the muslims individually who are necessarily dangerous, but I DO believe that their religion IS extremely dangerous. I have a photo from Iraq, around 9-11, that show the muslims celebrating in the streets, grinning from ear to ear, and waving "death to Americans" signs. There are also a collection of similar pictures from a Canadian march. If you can show me a photo of muslims protesting or speaking out against the actions of the terrorists, who killed thousands of our citizens as well as thousands of our soldiers in Iraq, I am willing to change my mind. But I haven't seen any yet. So I hold to the admonition, "Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it." I have learned that muslims are a threat, even those who are NOT extremists. I have NO reason to believe differently at this time.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Whether you agree with their actions or not, they are simply exercising their First Amendment right of Free Speech.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It's convenient she's not checking back because I would REALLY like to see a credible source for this passage that does not come from a Christian website

*sigh* does anyone do research for themselves anymore, or do they just believe everything they hear from the media or the President's mouth? You don't have to look on Christian websites to know that Islam is a dangerous, violent religion. Study sharia law, study what happens when a Muslim leaves Islam. Read the stories of how Muslims burn down non-Islamic churches and kill those of different faiths that deny Islam and do not worship allah. They don't have to allow those of other faiths to build their churches/synagogues in their Country, but heaven help us if we don't agree with them building theirs in America! Here is a non-Christian site for your reading pleasure. It is called Apostates of Islam. Those who have left the Islamic faith: http://www.apostatesofislam.com/index.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I can't but I'd be interested in seeing someone try. Without making an ass out of herself.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I can not support these actions. It's unclear to me why this is happening now, perhaps Americans are angry and want to blame some"one" or something for what is going wrong in this country/in their lives. A scapegoat if you will.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• BUT, the Quran teaches that anyone that does not accept Islam should BE KILLED

It's convenient she's not checking back because I would REALLY like to see a credible source for this passage that does not come from a Christian website (conveniently the only people who ever seem to locate and translate that specific passage). Especially interesting since "killing the infidels" (besides not being possible to say in the original language because there is no word for infidel) is in direct opposition to what the book says. Kind of like those people who insist the "mark of Cain" = black people.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Okay, couldn't resist :) I do not mean in any way to condemn or promote hate toward Muslim people. I just think that it needs to be known what their book teaches, and stop sugar coating it. A

2:191 And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. And fight not with them at the Inviolable Place of Worship until they first attack you there, but if they attack you (there) then slay them. Such is the reward of disbelievers.

2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.

2:216 Warfare is ordained for you, though it is hateful unto you; but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not.

2:244 Fight in the way of Allah, and know that Allah is Hearer, Knower.

5:33 The only reward of those who make war upon Alla
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 5:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010