Do you let family members feed your 1 yr. old...

food off their plate and without asking you if it's okay?

DH's aunt was eating cake and was about to give LO a piece of it when DH and I were standing there and without asking...so not into the whole sharing foods thing because it grosses me out. I only share food with DH--that's all, so I want that for my child too...at least for now! ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It never bothered me too much. Usually, when someone was holding her and eating, they gave her her own spoon and used that. It wasn't as gross that way.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My family doesn't usually share food with our kids because, well, they're kids. lol. They don't want my children's germs. I share food with my youngest (she's 1) and my husband but thats it.
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 2:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• She cut off a piece and was about to give LO a piece off her own fork!!
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, but only because ds is on a strict diet (gf/cf), so there's a lot of things that he CAN'T eat. Our entire family is aware of this and very supportive of it. If it weren't for that though, I wouldn't mind it.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 2:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Doesn't bother me at all... I don't see what the problem is unless they had it in their mouth first!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yup, Grossed me out. MY MIL used to offer my DS food off her fork and I would say "here's a fresh fork" right away. I mean, she gets cold sores and I didn't want my DS to get that. She caught on quick. Otherwise, everyone would ask if he can have a taste and I would give them a clean plate & a clean utensil. I didn't mind if someone fed him, just not off their plate & utensil. I don't go for mouth sharing stuff.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I let them feed her whatever they want. It's not like they are chewing the food and then giving it to her lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 8:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Never bugged me!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010