has anyones dr told them not to gain any weight during pregnancy

today i went in and he said im obese and i shouldnt gain anymore weight the rest of my pregnancy, and i am only 25 weeks..... how do i do this i have only gained 8 pounds so far.... i already eat healthy and stay active.... i really dont know what to do, and im kinda depressed now.

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 2:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They all say that, worry about loosing it after the baby comes, for now enjoy.

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Try to be even more active and continue to eat healthy. Theres not really anything else you can do.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes,my SIL was told this. Her pre pregnancy weight was 325 lbs.he actually told her he'd like to see her LOSE weight during. She gained 37 lbs and ended up with gestational diabetes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• well i dont weigh 325... i am overweight but didnt think i was obese.... as of today i was 190.
    joycegina

Comment by joycegina (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was told to try not to gain any with my second. I put on 8 lbs and he was 8.9. As long as your eating healthy and watch your sugars and blood pressure you should be ok. I think all drs say this just looking out for your health. Congratulations and good luck.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010