Ok so was I ever a person before I had kids?

Dont get me wrong I am happy were I am in my life right now.

So I put my kids to bed for the night house is clean, dishes are done. Only thing more i could do is vacuum but that isn't gonna happen.

I lay in bed reading a book, kinda bored when i come across a thought.. What did i do with my free time when I didn't have children.
I have been thinking about this for two days now and I can't really think of anything.

Was i a person at all before the kids?

Brittyt4you_

Asked by Brittyt4you_ at 2:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are the same person as before, but now when that me time comes around it is a weird experience. You spend so much time nurturing that it becomes second nature, when it is not there, it is a weird feeling.

Answer by older at 3:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• LOL! I hear ya. I had everyone out of the house for about two years. Seriously when I was working, I was soooo bored. I was constantly driving around or out shopping. But, then again, I went from being a teenager to having children. Never had any spare time of my own before kids, other than being a kid myself.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Normal,SO Normal!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 2:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Same here!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've wondered the same thing! You aren't alone :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Whatever you did BEFORE kids is exactly what makes you the person you are now (and it sounds like your are one HECK of a housekeeper!!! Do you hire out??)
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If i'm not going 100mph what the heck am i supposed to do? lol
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I wish! My three year old is pretty neat when he play and he cleans up his mess every night before he goes to bed and as a reward he gets a book, depending on how fast he does it he gets two. and more if the PLZ comes:)
    Brittyt4you_

Comment by Brittyt4you_ (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• feel the same!!
    canucha

Answer by canucha at 2:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I feel like kicking myself for all the time I wasted before I had kids. I watched t.v., read, drove around, shopped a little when I had extra cash I could spend and not miss, etc. Now I wish I would have gone back to school then instead of now while I'm trying to entertain my two kids and learn at the same time.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010