The first night that your child slept through the night...

did you wake up in an absolute panic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• Oh my gosh, yes! She was not quite 4 months old, and always woke up to eat at 1am, and 5 am, and then for good at 8. Anyway, I had put her to bed, like always, at 9, and *I* woke up at 8:15 the next morning in a complete panic! I was in tears before I even reached her room - expecting the worst. But nope, she was sound asleep...woke up at 9:30, after 12.5 hours of sleep. Ugh. LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• yep several times. I woke half way throughthe night andgot out of bed so fast I tripped on blankets and bumped nto crib causing him to stir so I went back to bed sure he would be awake any second I opened my eyes and it was morning . I as so filled with dread I got up real slow and went to the crib in tears I got there and he opened his eyes and smiled. I about fell apart.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Oh yes. My husband was still working the night shfit and I woke up feeling rested and just about had a nervous breakdown. And there DS was snoozing away just fine.

My poor DH woke up his first night home that DS slept through the night and got up every half hour checking on him he was so worried. :)
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 9:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• 7 1/2 months in and that night has yet to come. I am sure I will freak out for a moment though.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• LOL - a panic, no way! I woke up and realized that baby hadn't woken in the night and said YES, FINALLY a full nights sleep!!!!!! I was thrilled! LOL guess I'm wierd, but I was so excited to get my first night of uninterrupted sleep since being pregnant I was happy as a lark. Of course baby was fine! I did the same thing with my first too.
    bemomkec

Answer by bemomkec at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yep!! I checked on him so many times...lol. But then I screamed, "Halelujah! I finally get to sleep!"
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:10 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• No I was too exhausted.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yes, and yes and yes. I have three kids and that feeling never goes away the first time they sleep through the night ( and you too) . I breastfed and my boobs were so full..lol I actually couldn't wait to feed them.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Nope! She was 4 weeks old. I was so lucky!
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 4:03 PM on Oct. 4, 2008