Father

Did you grow up with a father or Father figure in your life?

I didnt and thats ok :)

Truelove77

Asked by Truelove77 at 2:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents are married still, but he wasn't around much. We don't have a good relationship to this day.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My daddy was always there.......he still is! He worked 2 jobs so my mom could stay home with us but when he was there he would play with us and do everything he could for us :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I did, my parents were together until I was 15. But all they did was argue. And he was in the army and gone for a month here, two weeks there. But I knew where he was and that he was coming home.
    I still talk to him often. He's been living in Fl (I'm in KY) for 6 years now.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had an odd situation. My parents were together the entire time I was being raised, but my dad was never a part of disciplining me. I literally wasn't allowed to ask him for things (bc my mom said so). He's dealt with alcoholism over the years and my mom didn't trust his judgement. I barely even knew him until recently when I got over most of the resentments I had against him (a lot of them unwarranted).

So yes, I had a father figure, just not the...full experience of a father figure.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i had a dad. he died when i was 12 though, so after that no. my mom had 2 boyfriends but they never were a big part of my life. i rarely saw them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I grew up with a father figure...he and my mom met when I was 6 months old. They married when I was 5.Divorced when I was 20.He is still very much part of my life, he still is and always will be my dad. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Without.. ♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am to this day a daddy girl. When my parents split up my brother and I stayed with him. He is a great dad.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010