secret life of an american teenager

do you think this show is WAY to oversexed/ babies? for such young ages? idk i think its not a very wise show for teenagers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think the show started out all about how bad it was to be a young mother and you need to be careful. Now everyone's having a baby and everyone is happy! Which is NOT reality.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I know at first they werent wanting it to seem more like what a teenager goes thru when pregnant at such a young age, but after watching it myself, she had it way to easy. I'm sorry in the "REAL" world its not that easy to take care of a baby when youre still a child yourself. So I would have to agree that its really not a wise show for teenagers....No one has it that easy raising a child...Even grown adults....
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think its a good starting point for talking with your kids about sex and pregnancy. I watch the show it annoys me sometimes, bad acting, stupid circumstances and not much in the way of reality. I know what its like to be pregnant as a teen, scared and naive...and this show really bugs me sometimes. However I use it to talk to my kids versus just turning it off, we laugh about how stupid is and I can ask how they would feel if they were ever in the situation and the why's and how's of what could happen.
    As annoying as it is, I think it can be used as a way to educate.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think it is great!~ I shows the true perils of modern teenagers!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010