Have you ever been suspected of cheating?

When you hadn't done anything wrong?

If so, how did you prove that you hadn't done anything? Did if offend you?

mickstinator

Asked by mickstinator at 2:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, when I was married. I am a grown woman and don't have to prove anything to anyone. If he didn't trust me then that was his issue not mine. I didn't dignify his accusations with a reply or even waste energy being offended. I just laughed at him and walked away.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My ex accused me of cheating all of the time. There was no way I could prove I didn't do anything, it was a vicious cycle. After 13 years, I finally had enough and just divorced him. (There was obviously more to it than that, but the constant accusations really hurt our relationship.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my hubby asked me if i had ever cheated and i said yeah brad pitt came over and we had a wild time, and i just walked away!lol he laughed it off and has never asked again! if ur hubby is so worried about it maybe he is the one cheating?? just a thought! if he cant trust u then their is no reason to stay in the relationship! im sorry! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Now this is a really an off the wall ans. I worked at a Bank & the Head Teller hated, me he was older & I was abt 22. He (not my husband) accused me of sleeping w/the Manager, I had to be he said, "I was the youngest one there" WHAT! Well this Mgr. was nice, but not cute w/the ugliest teeth. I marched myself right over to him & told him to get this shit straightened out NOW or I would have my husband come in & straighten it out for him or me. I was married to a Marine, who I loved & waited for while he had been away, why cheat now? I said, " I love my husband & son, and I'm not about to loose them over you, or his lying rumors, just because he doesn't like me." The Mgr resolved it, but the HTeller kept picking on me until I just asked for a transfer. By the way, I did tell my husband anyway, & he knew the HT didn't like me, & he had met the Mgr. so there was no worries there either. Plus he knew ME.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh, my hubby didn't accuse me! I just heard about someone else who was sure her hubby cheated and later found out that he hadn't actually done anything. I was wondering how often that happens to people.

Personally, if my hubby ever accused me of cheating, I'd probably laugh in his face and present him with all the reasons as to why that is the dumbest idea. ; ) Depending on how he accused me, I might be offended. Sometimes people just get sneaking suspicions that turn out to be false, though.
    mickstinator

Comment by mickstinator (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• He'd never admit it but I believe my ex thought I was cheating, he'd never flat out accuse me but rather just hint at it in a joking manner to gauge my reaction. I never did cheat in him though - he was the one who cheated. If I was ever dating a guy who accused me of it I simply wouldn't let it get to me, I'd prove it wasn't true to the best of my ability and if he still wasn't convinced I'd just try to get past it and eventually the truth will come out.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• DH and I had a rough patch in our marriage a few years ago. He automatically assumed that me giving up was a sure sign that I found someone else. I never had the need to prove my innocence, and after assuring him of the real reasons that I was unhappy I think he forgot all about the cheating possibility. That's the only time he's ever mentioned it in our 9+ years of marriage, and now we're as strong as the day we were married.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• no
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 8:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No one I've been with ever accused me.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2010